We are recruiting
JOB TITLE Programmes Engagement Coordinator
SALARY up to £18,000 p.a
HOURS Up to 35 hours a week but to be agreed (The hours are in accordance with the needs and demands of the Service. Evening and weekend work may be part of the requirements of the post.)
BASE BLACKROD SPORTS AND COMMUNITY CENTRE, BOLTON
This post is a contracted one for 48 weeks p.a. Funded by the Community Fund.
Up to JUNE 2026 DUE TO CURRENT COMMUNITY FUND FUNDING.
About this role:
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual with excellent leadership and communication skills to assist in the day to day running of the Health, Wellbeing and Lifestyles Programmes and provide administrative support for the programme.
The Programmes Engagement Coordinator will be required to oversee delivery of part of the programme.
The Programmes Engagement Coordinator will be Duty Manager as required at the Blackrod Sports and Community Centre and cover the roles required.
You will support the development of the programme and be able to ensure required standards for the work area are achieved. Organisation and time management are also vital to ensure a high-quality service is delivered and targets are met. You will be expected to carry out monitoring procedures and support evaluation of the programme.
Experience of delivering community and user group engagement with different age ranges from children to adults is essential. The post holder will deliver training/workshops both internally and externally as required.
Skills and qualities required:
- The applicant should have recognised community engagement experience and a current First Aid qualification.
- Experience of delivering community engagement including social media content management for various programmes and sessions is desirable as well as having responsibility for planning, developing and designing engagement programmes and sessions.
- Responsible for the co-ordination, development and delivery of a specific range of programmes in a product group, health and well-being.
- Coordination of operational delivery, implementation and maintenance of service standards, objectives and targets that support the delivery of the product and contribute fully to the business strategy and impact plan.
- Responsibility for meeting compliance, standards and quality on a day to day basis and regular reporting on performance
- Effectively complete budget related tasks
- Dealing with customer issues
- Contribution to product development, attendance and involvement with project teams relating to specific skills
- Supporting the marketing and promotion of the range of programmes offered within the programme
- Support the development of funding bids for the programme
- Support in maintaining a good relationship with all customers, colleagues and clients
- To provide a strong commitment to the core values of inspiring health and wellbeing lifestyles.
- Provide professional and subject specific technical / operational
- Expertise and guidance relevant to role.
- Contribute to the planning of programmes for the product area
- Attend regular internal and external meetings as required
- Helping coordinate site visits and inspections.
- Responsible for keeping social media platforms up to date with daily posts on sessions and activities.
- Recruiting and advertising the programme through attending meetings with partners including schools, community group and others posting update and circulating flyers and posters across the area.
- Conduct health and lifestyle interviews with people and assess their needs. Sound record keeping is essential.
- Be an ambassador for Blackrod sport and community centre ensuring appropriate representation and effective networking as appropriate.
- Support the development of outcomes and impact measures for health and wellbeing programme
- Undertake continuing professional and personal development as considered appropriate
- Recruit, support and line manage volunteers
- To deliver all sessions in accordance with the current health and safety operational procedures, risk assessments and to ensure work is carried out with due regard to Health and Safety regulations. To undertake any other duties as requested by management.
Additional information: To apply for this post, please submit an expression of interest of no more than two A4 pages detailing your reasons for applying and your suitability to the role. Please email this to email@example.com
Deadline Friday 3rd November 2023 at noon.
Mobile 07980 713289
Blackrod Sports and Community Centre (CIO)
Registered Charity number 1173891